In this video Erin Manning will talk about tips & techniques to help people prepare for their presentations. How to prepare? What to expect? Dos and Don’ts. From concept to execution – it’s all here!
PREPARING YOUR MESSAGE
– Review your promotional pieces: are you covering what’s advertised?
– Make the information relevant: what’s important to the audience?
– Don’t commercialize your product: give people valuable information.
– Clarify your core message, then create an outline.
– Give examples, use research findings, recommend other sources of information.
– Don’t be too serious, people love to laugh: tell stories.
– Organize your presentation by stating your purpose and what’s covered, giving information and then reminding them.
PREPARING THE VISUAL CONTENT
– Limit each slide to one idea: less is more.
– Images are so powerful: use them in your presentation.
– Make your text legible: 30 point size is the minimum.
– If you use graphs, make sure they are clear and simple (big and bold).
– Know your material, don’t just read your slides.
– Know the length of your session, and time your presentation accordingly. Try to leave 10 minutes at the end, for questions and answers.
– If there’s more than one speaker find out the timing, the format, and what you should contribute (the moderator should be in contact with you, prior to the session).
– Practice presentation in front of friend, family, the mirror, or videotape for review.
– Rest your voice the day before, stay hydrated!
– Wear business professional clothing: solid, flattering colors are best.
– Things to bring: computer, AC cord, VGA-DVI connector, bottled water, cough drops, remote, back-up of your presentation.
– Keep in mind: the meeting room may be used before and after your presentation.
– Check your lighting and equipment.
– Meet and greet your audience.
– Establish eye contact with your audience: connect with a few friendly faces.
– State your purpose, and lay out your agenda.
– Avoid distracting your audience: watch your body language.
– Show some enthusiasm, and your audience will too.
– Watch the time: people have tight schedules.
– Have fun, it’s contagious!
These beautiful Soccer Powerpoint templates will help you to prepare impressive presentation. Soccer PowerPoint templates can be downloaded absolutely for free. All powerpoint templates come with high resolution backgrounds. Brazilian...